HURRICANE IDA UPDATES
AVALA is sheltering in place and waiting for public utilities to be restored. All patient surgeries and services are being rescheduled for the week of 8/30 – 9/3.
Please stay safe.
COVID: WHAT IS AVALA DOING?
AVALA’s priority is always the health and safety of our patients, physicians, staff, and community. AVALA is closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In response to the decrease in COVID-19 cases and hospitalization across the state of Louisiana, AVALA will modify our visitor policy, effective Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
- All patients and visitors are no longer required to wear masks.
- All patients and visitors who enter any of AVALA campuses without a mask attest that they are free of signs/symptoms of COVID-19 or its variants and are fully vaccinated.
- Any patient or visitor who is not fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask.
- Any patient or visitor who may have signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or its variants will not be allowed to enter any of AVALA campuses.
OUTPATIENT INFORMATION GUIDELINES
- Each outpatient, will be allowed one visitor (18 years or older) for their entire procedure.
- The one visitor will be allowed at the bedside of the outpatient once the nurse has completed the admit process and prior to the outpatient’s procedure.
- Once the outpatient leaves the admit area for their procedure, the one visitor may wait in the lobby until the outpatient is discharged.
- To maintain social distance and overcrowding, only one visitor will be allowed to wait in the lobby while the patient is in their surgery.
INPATIENT STAY INFORMATION
- All inpatients will be limited up to two visitors (18 years or older) for their entire stay. During the inpatient’s surgery, their visitor(s) will be asked to wait in the patient’s private suite or on the 2nd floor waiting area. Only one visitor may stay overnight with the patient. If the one visitor should leave at any time during the inpatient’s stay, they must be back by 6pm in order to stay overnight.
- Any non-vaccinated inpatients must have a pre-operative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of their surgery.
- Our Private Chef will have gourmet meals prepared for all inpatients and their visitor(s) will be offered a meal option for a nominal fee.
- Inpatients must bring home medications for their stay.
AVALA Hospital, Imaging Center, and Therapy Clinics are following the CMS mandate for COVID vaccines for our team members, physicians, vendors, and any person who provides care, treatment, or other services at AVALA.
For more COVID-19 information, click here.