AVALA’S priority is always the health and safety of our patients, physicians, staff and community. AVALA is keeping in close communication with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to monitor this evolving situation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At AVALA you can feel confident that we are doing everything possible to protect our community’s health and safety.
WHAT IS AVALA DOING?
To further protect the health of our patients, staff, and the community and prevent the potential spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are applying many new guidelines on our campus. A modified visitor policy has been applied across AVALA Hospital, AVALA Imaging Center and AVALA Physical Therapy beginning Monday, October 5th and effective until further notice. This policy limits the number of visitors per patient, restricts the number of entry points into our facilities and implements screening for all patients and visitors.
All AVALA team members are required to wear a mask in order to further our COVID-19 preventative measures.
VISITOR POLICY GUIDELINES
- No visitors will be allowed entrance into the lobbies.
- All visitors and patients, including vendors and contractors, will be screened at designated entry points – those who are sick or do not meet screening criteria will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Each outpatient will be allowed 1 visitor (18 years or older) for their entire procedure. The 1 visitor must remain the same throughout the outpatient’s entire length of stay. The 1 visitor will be allowed at the bedside of the outpatient once the nurse has completed the admit process prior to the outpatient’s procedure. Once the outpatient leaves the admit area for their procedure, the 1 visitor will be asked to wait outside/or in their vehicle until the outpatient is discharged.
- All visitors allowed to enter the facility will be required to wear a wrist band indicating they have successfully met the screening criteria. Any visitor not wearing a wrist band will be asked to leave the facility if appropriate.
- All patients and visitors must wear masks while on the AVALA campus.
- Visitors will be notified of patient updates by AVALA team members every hour.
INPATIENT STAY INFORMATION
- All inpatients will be given a COVID test prior to surgery.
- All inpatients are limited to 1 visitor (18 years or older) for their entire stay. The 1 visitor must remain the same throughout the inpatient’s entire length of stay. The 1 visitor will be allowed at the bedside of the inpatient once the nurse has completed the admit process prior to the patient’s procedure. Once the inpatient leaves the admit area for their procedure, the 1 visitor will be asked to wait outside, in their vehicle, or will be escorted to the inpatients private room until the patient is out of their procedure. If the 1 visitor should leave at any time during the inpatient’s stay, they must be back by 6pm in order to stay overnight.
- Our Private Chef will have gourmet meals prepared for all inpatients and their 1 visitor will be offered meal options for a nominal fee.
- Inpatients must bring home medications for their stay.