Most people have anxiety about hospitals and fear of their surgical procedures. Our patient Russ highlights how his experience at Avala felt more like a 5-star resort and would vacation with us again. Check out his full patient testimonial below.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT AVALA?
“Over all experience…all I can say is that I thought I went to a hospital to have surgery but soon realized that I went to a 5-star resort.Russ B.
I highly recommend this hospital. The staff and doctors are the absolute best. I have had the best nurses in the world, you can tell they really enjoy coming to work here and enjoy their patients. That speaks volumes on hospitals.
Unfortunately, they don’t have “hospital food” for me to judge because they have the food catered in. All in all I give this place a 10 out of 5 and would vacation here again!”
High-tech Care. Honest People.
Avala is the premier surgical hospital in Louisiana, where the region’s most skilled physicians practice in an elevated, progressive environment. Since we’re physician-owned, we can create a setting where patients are the priority. Because while we offer the most innovative technology and state-of-the-art facilities, we still believe that quality care requires quality people.
Trust Fosters Healing
At Avala, we think about healthcare differently. Our belief is that where there’s trust, there’s healing. That’s why our goal is to create greater trust between our physicians and our patients—and cultivate an environment where there’s more care in healthcare.
It starts by us taking care of our physicians, so they can take care of you. But it ends with a state-of-the-art facility where patients and physicians can build relationships to create greater healing. It’s what makes us different—and the right choice for you.
Avala Hospital, located in Covington, Louisiana, is a premier hospital which offers some of the most innovative and minimally invasive surgeries in the southeast. When comparing quality healthcare, Avala Hospital scores in the top 6% in the nation.
Avala Hospital offers a wide range of specialties and services including a 21 in-patient beds, state-of-the-art imaging facility, minimally invasive spine surgery, orthopedic surgery and physical therapy, bariatric surgery and GI procedures, eye surgery, plastic surgery, and more.
Our Physician Partners are at the top of their respective surgical specialties and committed to providing the best services to our patients with the most comfort and care possible.
As part of our continued commitment to our physicians, Avala is the only facility in Louisiana offering robotics-assisted surgeries for total hip replacements, total knee replacements, partial knee replacements and spine procedures. This cutting-edge technology is only a small part in our investment in providing the highest level of quality care to the people of the Northshore.
Avala Imaging Center utilizes state-of-the-art technology to provide faster, clearer diagnostic imaging for our patients. Avala Imaging utilizes the latest MRI, CT, and X-ray imaging technology every day, making for shorter scan times for patients and higher quality images.
- IMAGING CENTER TECHNOLOGY
- MRI: Our cutting-edge MRI scanner brings “patient comfort” to a whole new level with LED lighting that mimics the outdoors. We offer flexible coil designs and novel applications to increase image quality in less time.
- CT: Our CT scanner provides smaller doses of radiation while also offering higher quality images than other facilities in the area. Our CT scanner is also certified to provide 3D images for our robotic surgeries: Globus ExcelsiusGPS used for spine surgeries and the Stryker Mako Technology used for total hip and total knee and partial knee replacement surgeries.
- X-ray: Our X-ray technology provides reduced radiation exposure times and immediate imaging previews for our radiologists to interpret for you. Avala can also enhance the overall quality of your image using special processing techniques.
Avala Physical Therapy provides individualized, personal care for people with physical disabilities or suffering injuries.
- OUR SERVICES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Orthopedic Injury Rehabilitation
- Prosthetic Training
- Spine Surgery Rehabilitation
- Total Joint Rehabilitation
- Sports Injury Assessments and Rehabilitation
Avala Physical Therapy’s facility includes 3,500 square feet of space specifically equipped to assist our outpatient rehabilitation cases. This allows the Avala Physical Therapy staff to deliver the highest possible quality of care and stay attentive to each patient’s specific needs.