If you are in need of a physician appointment please contact AVALA’s personal concierge at 833-AVALA4U (833-282-5248).
Operation Blue Roof
FEMA’s Operation Blue Roof Program is back up and running, and it’s fully paid for by FEMA through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to have a temporary roof installed by professionals. To apply, visit www.blueroof.us or call toll free at 1-888-766-3258.
FEMA Individual Assistance
Residents can also sign up for FEMA’s individual assistance program at www.fema.gov/disaster/4611. If you were impacted by Ida and have insurance, contact your insurance company and FEMA. You will need to provide your insurance claim information to FEMA to determine eligibility for federal assistance. FEMA cannot provide assistance for losses that are covered by insurance.
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
Information on the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) claims process can be found here.
Boil Water Advisories
Parish-by-parish boil water advisories can be found here.
American Red Cross
Disaster assistance updates can be found here.
You may be eligible for an extension of IRS tax payment deadlines; to find out, click here.
Tips for Generator Safety
For generator safety, please read this guidance from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission here. A few general safety rules to follow:
- Do not place generators indoors or inside of garages, carports, or sheds.
- Keep generators away from doors and windows and at least 20 feet away from your home, down-wind.
- Never plug a portable generator into a wall outlet of your home.
- Do not use in rain or wet conditions.
- Carefully read your generator’s manual for instructions on proper usage.
Power Outage Maps
These are constantly being updated and can be found below.
Parish-by-Parish Contact Information
For health emergencies, call 911. For storm-recovery related matters, below you will find parish-by-parish emergency management contact information:
- St. Tammany Parish Homeland Security & Preparedness; 985-898-2359
- Tangipahoa Parish Emergency Preparedness; 985-748-3211
- Jefferson Parish Emergency Operations Information; 504-349-5360
- Lafourche Parish Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness; 985-446-8427
- Orleans Parish Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness; 504-821-2222
- Plaquemines Parish Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness; 504-934-6000
- Terrebonne Parish Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness; 985-850-4638
- St. Bernard Parish Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness; 504-278-4267